untitled (house) untitled (house)

nice art, but...

go through the house... turn on lights... and what?

Second Star to the Right Second Star to the Right

Great game!

easily one of the best submitted to the competition so far!

Skeik-Sprite responds:

Thanks haha

Alice in GameJamLand Alice in GameJamLand

I like the cocept

the artwork is amazing and it's a simple, fun game. but most of my problem with this game is how painfully slow everything is (though that could just be my computer). Also, I think it might be cool to have high score board or something similar cuz there's nothing really compelling the player to aim for a higher score. Also, the final boss was really really easy, I think she could have been improved in terms of difficulty by giving her some sort of projectile weapon to make it more challenging, and if she is supposed to have a weapon at all, she didn't use it against me (probably because of how slow the game was running, which--again--I am not sure if it is the fault of my computer or not.
Overall though, I like the idea of this game and hopefully you guys could improve it even after the game jam is over.
3/5 and 7/10
I hope you found my review helpful ^^ (or you can just think I'm some kind of dumbass; doesn't matter much to me xD)

Valentine's Day Memory Ga Valentine's Day Memory Ga

Not my type of game, but!

I will review this in terms of its functionality and how well-made it is.
the mouse moves way too slow on the game screen. I don't know if it's my computer or not, so if anyone else doesn't have this problem I apologize and please correct me. the song choice was great! I LOVE cannon. I like the scoring system that you implemented in the game where the more consecutive matches you get, the more points you get (that's a great idea actually). Like Jetmann said, I don't really think families would come onto newgrounds to play this but meh, it can still be a refreshing game to play for anyone who wants to sit back and just play a simple game in their spare time at work or something.

overall I give this game a 7/10 and a 3/5

I hope you found my review helpful.

ill13 responds:

Thank you. The mouse issue is usually a temporary issue, caused by the high score API. Reloading tends to fix it.

Letz Maek A Flash Gaem Letz Maek A Flash Gaem

fun game

really entertained me and I got all the medals.

the only real flaw I found was that no matter how much I played it, I only got the medals, if I met the criteria for "BESTEST FLASH" and nothing lower

Manly-Chicken responds:

Yeah. I should have programmed that differently...

20 Seconds to DIE 20 Seconds to DIE

Fun to watch but...

It's not a game

The Apprentice Vanquisher The Apprentice Vanquisher

Good for a first attempt

I can see that you put some effort into this (more than I can say for quite a few new submissions I've seen) so I'll try to put effort into my review.
First off, I would become more familiar with actionscript before making an interactive flash, but you said it was for a school project so I guess this is fine for school but I think you could improve a couple things before submitting it to newgrounds.
The artwork was ok and the animations could be a bit more natural, but other than that, it's fine graphically.
The story to the game is... well... random, and really unexplained :/ but once again, it's just a short school assignment, so I don't blame you for wanting to make it brief.
A bug I noticed is that, even when the object the ghost possessed stopped shaking, it would still play the song it plays when the ghost appears if you click it (or one of the other objects with ghosts in them) again, and it doesn't stop the already playing music, so you get a LOT of overlapping sound if you keep clicking the objects on accident, and even when you click the other objects if you want to release more ghosts at the same time.
Anyway, I hope you find this review helpful and I hope you improve as you continue to work with flash and actionscript! :3

MrFirthy responds:

Hey, thanks very much for the constructive criticism! it's very much appreciated. Flash really isn't my thing but it was nice to give it a go, and good that some aspects of it have gone down well. So thanks! =]

Cyberpolice: The Game Cyberpolice: The Game

Great Game

You didn't dun goof'd in making this game

Sydney Shark Sydney Shark